Do you thrive in an innovative and exciting environment that’s continuously evolving? Ceridian is looking for fun, intelligent, team oriented people who believe in our values: Customer Focus, Transparency, Diligence, Optimism, and Agility. Our workplace culture provides empowering programs for career growth and offers diversity and inclusion groups to support every person’s career journey. Ceridian employees have declared Ceridian a Great Place to Work® in 2018, a Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2019, and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the 16th consecutive year!
About the Position:
The Vice President, Privacy ensures that Ceridian’s practices, policies, processes, and procedures are performed in accordance with applicable privacy, data protection and compliance laws. The Vice President, Privacy will oversee all ongoing activities related to the global development, implementation, maintenance of, and adherence to Ceridian’s privacy program.
The successful candidate must have extensive experience with privacy and privacy compliance matters, including development and cross-functional implementation of global privacy policies and compliance programs, and have managed a team of privacy professionals.
- Define and continuously improve Ceridian privacy program, strategy and policies
- Manage Ceridian’s Privacy team and serve in a leadership role for all of Ceridian’s privacy activities
- Ensure compliance with privacy practices and policies and applicable laws to Ceridian, its employees, customers and vendors, in cooperation with the Corporate Secretary, General Counsel, Chief Information Officer, Chief Information Security Officer, and Company administration and business and technical teams, as applicable
- Work to enhance and maintain Ceridian-wide privacy training, compliance, and audit program in coordination with Company management and Legal department
- Consult with business units regarding the development of tools, methodologies, and procedures to ensure compliance with Ceridian’s data protection policies and privacy by design principles
- Support privacy-related sales, marketing, customer and vendor management, and business development activities
- Oversee privacy incident response activities, in collaboration with information security team, and manage all privacy incident mitigation and notification activities
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable, and evolving, federal, state, and international (e.g., CCPA, GDPR) privacy laws and regulations
- Maintain Ceridian’s various privacy certifications, including US/EU Privacy Shield certification, and all required national registrations
- Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization’s strengths & weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions
- Work with Company administration, legal counsel and other related parties to represent Ceridian’s information privacy interests with external parties (federal, state or local, international government bodies) that undertake to adopt or amend privacy legislation, regulation or standards