PACC is an entirely volunteer-run organization. PACC’s work is done through its Executive and other volunteers — whose efforts are essential for PACC to be able to operate and meet its objectives.
A range of volunteer opportunities is available to let you hone your skills, and put your unique skills and interests to work. Choose from fundraising, outreach, events, or identifying and approaching potential corporate sponsors.
Volunteering can help you achieve a range of outcomes:
- Make career-building connections
- Share your knowledge and concerns
- Develop new skills
- Expand your professional network
- Build awareness about the profession
- Work with industry experts on current and trending issues
- Strengthen the future of your profession and stay connected with your industry
- Enjoy a sense of purpose, community, and accomplishment
- Fulfill your CPD requirements
Volunteering work includes:
- Research — identifying and compiling sources and data for PACC industry-related research campaigns; creating and updating lists of prospective members and organizations interested in privacy compliance. This work typically involves some phoning and online research.
- Event Planning — Planning and coordinating PACC events; researching prospective event sponsors; promoting attendance.
- Marketing — creating marketing programs to increase awareness about PACC, professional certification, and events
- Communications — Content production and content editing; researching and compiling information about industry-related events relevant to or affecting access, privacy and data governance in Canada
- Education and public outreach — promoting PACC and increasing awareness of privacy and access issues through sponsored events, speaking engagements, and other activities.
- Legal Research — conduct research and assist authoring position papers and submissions
To join the PACC Volunteer Program and support PACC, or to join our roster of pro bono lawyers, contact registrar_at_pacc-ccap_dot_ca