As part of our mission to advance and promote awareness of Access to Information, Protection of Privacy, and Information Governance issues PACC offers practical educational and networking opportunities grounded in real-life experience.
- Professional Development:
- Seminars – designed by privacy and access professionals for privacy and access professionals, PACC seminars offer a one-day, intensive learning opportunity with case studies and invaluable take-home reference material.
- Courses – offered in various formats, courses can be taken individually or combined to build towards any of the PACC certification designations.
- In-House Training: bespoke and custom workshops, seminars and courses can address your unique training needs.
- Conferences – PACC’s National Privacy and Data Governance Congress offers a novel learning and networking experience that’s pitch-free, long overdue, and brings together professionals from interrelated domains: Privacy, Governance, Resilience, Security, Surveillance and Civil Liberties.
- Sunshine Summits – One-day seminars focusing on access to information.
- Roundtables & Webinars – An opportunity to learn and engage on a specific topic or issue and hear what the experts have to say.
- Fellowship Awards: recognizing industry leaders who have made significant contributions to the profession, who play a pivotal role in inspiring new generations of access and privacy professionals, and who exemplify leadership and integrity that has a long-lasting positive impact on the profession and on public policy.
PACC’s cross-sectoral and multidisciplinary training workshops, seminars and conferences across Canada provide practical, hands-on and interactive training that is designed for privacy and access professions and for people in affiliated professions who are interested in learning more about access and privacy laws, practices and processes.
Training and education programs may be of interest to anyone interested in increasing their knowledge about privacy and access — particularly those interested in pursuing professional certification. Many of the courses and programs listed below qualify for Continuing Professional Development credits applicable toward PACC Professional Certification, and they may also qualify for CPD credits recognized by other professional associations and governing bodies.
To confirm whether a course or program qualifies, or to request that a course or program be evaluated for credit worthiness, Contact Certification_at_PACC-CCAP_dot_ca or phone 877.746.7222