The rapid pace and scope of changes affecting the profession, privacy and access professionals — and those working in affiliated domains — means practitioners must continually update and enhance their knowledge and skills.
It also means individuals and organizations are hungry for effective privacy and access education programs from trusted and trustworthy sources.
PACC works with institutions to help them develop credible and reliable education programs that reflect the generally accepted levels of knowledge, skills, ethical standards and conduct that define the profession as set out in the Core Competencies and Professional Standards, the Common Body of Knowledge for Information Privacy and Access to Information, and the Statement of Ethical Principles and Professional Conduct.
PACC also organizes cross-sectoral and multidisciplinary training workshops, seminars and conferences across Canada that provide practical, hands-on and interactive training so you can learn from the experts and better equip yourself to lead through industry, technological and legislative changes.
PACC training is designed for privacy and access professions and for people in affiliated professions who are interested in learning more about access and privacy laws, practices and processes.
PACC programs qualify for Continuing Professional Development credits applicable toward PACC Professional Certification, and may also qualify for CPD credits recognized by other professional associations and governing bodies.
- Seminars – PACC seminars offer one-day, intensive learning opportunities with case studies and invaluable take-home reference materials.
- Courses – offered in various formats, courses can be taken individually or combined to build towards any of the PACC certification designations.
- In-House Training – custom workshops, seminars and courses can address your unique training needs.
- Conferences – PACC’s National Privacy and Data Governance Congress offers a novel learning and networking experience that’s pitch-free, long overdue, and brings together professionals from interrelated domains: Privacy, Governance, Compliance, Law, Security, Resilience, Law Enforcement, and Civil Liberties.
- Sunshine Summits – One-day seminars focusing on access to information and open government.
- Roundtables & Webinars – Opportunities to learn and engage on specific topics or issues and hear what the experts have to say.
- Fellowship Awards recognize industry leaders who have made significant contributions to the profession, who play a pivotal role in inspiring new generations of access and privacy professionals, and who exemplify leadership and integrity that has a long-lasting positive impact on the profession and on public policy.
Training and Education programs might be of interest to anyone interested in increasing their knowledge about privacy and access — particularly anyone interested in pursuing professional certification. Many of the listed courses and programs qualify for Continuing Professional Development credits applicable toward PACC Professional Certification.
To confirm whether a course or program qualifies, or to request that a course or program be evaluated for CPD credit worthiness, contact Certification_at_PACC-CCAP_dot_ca or phone 877.746.7222