Given the rapid pace and scope of changes affecting the profession, privacy and access professionals — and those working in affiliated domains — must continually maintain, update, and enhance their knowledge and skills in areas in which they work.
As part of our mission to advance and promote awareness of Access to Information, Protection of Privacy, and Information Governance issues, PACC offers practical educational and networking opportunities grounded in real-life experience.
PACC’s cross-sectoral and multidisciplinary training events provide practical guidance through, hands-on and interactive training designed for anyone interested in learning more about access and privacy laws, practices, processes and trends.
PACC programs qualify for Continuing Professional Development credits applicable toward PACC Professional Certification, and may also qualify for CPD credits recognized by other professional associations and governing bodies.
- Seminars – PACC seminars offer one-day, intensive learning opportunities with case studies and invaluable take-home reference materials.
- Courses – offered in various formats, courses can be taken individually or combined to build towards any of the PACC certification designations.
- In-House Training: bespoke and custom workshops, seminars and courses can address your unique training needs.
- Conferences – PACC’s National Privacy and Data Governance Congress offers a novel learning and networking experience that’s pitch-free, long overdue, and brings together professionals from interrelated domains: Privacy, Governance, Compliance, Law, Security, Resilience, Law Enforcement, and Civil Liberties.
- Sunshine Summits – One-day seminars focusing on access to information and open government.
- Roundtables & Webinars – Opportunities to learn and engage on specific topics or issues and hear what the experts have to say.
- Fellowship Awards recognize industry leaders who have made significant contributions to the profession, who play a pivotal role in inspiring new generations of access and privacy professionals, and who exemplify leadership and integrity that has a long-lasting positive impact on the profession and on public policy.
Training and Education programs might be of interest to anyone interested in increasing their knowledge about privacy and access — particularly anyone interested in pursuing professional certification. Many of the listed courses and programs qualify for Continuing Professional Development credits applicable toward PACC Professional Certification.
To confirm whether a course or program qualifies, or to request that a course or program be evaluated for CPD credit worthiness, contact Certification_at_PACC-CCAP_dot_ca or phone 877.746.7222