The Government of British Columbia is making more government records available to people without a freedom of information (FOI) request.
The records that will now be regularly provided online include:
- estimates notes prepared for ministers;
- corporate transition binder prepared for the Premier;
- transition binders prepared for incoming ministers;
- deputy ministers’ travel expense summaries; and
- summaries of purchasing card and business transaction account expenditures.
The five directives under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act to make more government records available are the first new directives to be added to the Open Information catalogue since 2016. Additional details here